The spark makes the difference
Do you want to print an overview or a detailed profile?
- Data and Facts
- Technology transfer
- Research and Development
- Incubator and Incentives
Via Casilina, 246
03013 Ferentino (FR)
+39 0775 240013
+39 0775 245190
World Wide Web
Research and Development
The laboratory for technical environmental samples and measurements, Unilab, was initiated by the research agreement between Pa.L.Mer and the University of Cassino. The main research activities of the laboratory are the following:
- Measurements of the load and the air pollution.
- Characterisation of the solar collectors.
- Measurements of the load and the air pollution The laboratory investigates air particles and is committed in addition in the following sectors: o Environmental pollution of the energy systems (sample measurements of the nanoparticles in the chimney of a waste disposal unit) o Measurements of the air pollution in towns (commune of Frosinone) o Measurements of the dust contamination in closed rooms (restaurants and pizzerias) o Contamination of the workers by dust emissions indoors (welding tasks in the automotive sector);
- Description of Solar Collectors The environmental test laboratory Pa.L.Mer is licensed in accordance with UNI EN ISO 17025 by SINAL (national accreditation system for sample laboratories) to perform tests on the energetic and mechanical quality of thermal solar collectors in accordance with UNI EN 12975. These tests are the pre-requisite for the Solar Keymark certification, which is necessary for the European marketing of solar collectors.
As part of the FAD-TAD project, a network of laboratories should be founded, which aims at the assessment of failure analysis and damage tolerance for aerospace structures.
Research consists of four aims, which are sub-divided into specific activities:
- Fastcomp (demonstration of damage tolerance and failure analysis for structural components in composite materials),
- Dynalab (demonstration of damage tolerance and failure analysis for dynamic deformation) Facmat (development of procedures for damage tolerance and failure analysis of composite materials in aerospace),
- ABDR (Ageing Aircraft and Damage Repair, demonstration of damage tolerance and failure analysis of materials given possible combat damage).
During the project, two training courses on the problem questions of the project were run.
The PINN-PALMER project consists of four strategic sectors:
- LabiMAT: Entrepreneur projects, which concentrate on the topic of high-tech materials, in particular, in the following areas: Aerospace: advanced link techniques by using structure bonding agents, embedded sensor technology, production technologies for composite materials and the development of self-repairing materials. -Shipbuilding: high-tech assembly techniques, structural monitoring and non-destructive diagnostics, innovative composite materials, tissue and rubber profiles.
- Chemical-pharmaceutical platform: Entrepreneur projects, which deal with the environmental contamination of chemical-pharmaceutical activities, here, above all: process monitoring and reduction of the environmental pollution in the chemical-pharmaceutical industry, emission control (recycling of organic solvents), biofuels (recording of biofuels among fuels).
- ICT Tourism: Entrepreneur projects, which are aimed at the foundation, administration and controlling of services both in the general tourism sector and also in the conference sector. Specifically a joint IT platform is considered. - Linking technologies: high-tech linking technologies with the help of cables (fiber to the home FTTH) and wireless, mobile Internet links (HSDPA, HSUPA), hardware and software technologies for safe data transmission, wireless-proximity technologies (Blue Tooth, Blue Tooth 2) and technologies for automatic identification (RFID, Blue Tooth) - High-tech ICT services: technologies for the dissemination of multimedial contents in the mobile area, technologies for the transmission of economic news and localisations; IT services for Customer Relationship Management in the tourism field; technologies for live streaming, differentiating between audio and video.
- · Energy: Entrepreneur projects for the energy segment: - Construction and industrial production: Innovative materials and construction elements for private sector and industrial use, renewable energy sources, integrated systems based on cogeneration and renewable energies, electronic control devices for the feeding in of the energy produced in the power supply and for the optimisation of the yield from power generation facilities from renewable sources of energy. Transport: Design and production or electric and hybrid vehicles, planning of information, monitoring and remote control systems of the communications networks, planning of the transport networks and infrastructures fro new elector vehicles. Equipment: Energy calculation systems (electric power quality, gas quality, meters for thermal energy,...), measurement equipment and software for diagnosis, energy certification and optimum consumption in households and in industry, software and electronic control equipment for the optimisation of the energy consumption in private/industrial facilities, air contamination analyses.
´The aim of PINN-Pa.L.Mer. consists, on the one hand, of the transfer of the technological innovations to the regionally resident SMEs the help of the scientific-technical competences of Pa.L.Mers and the academic partners in the project. On the other hand, the competitive ability and the degree of innovation of the companies should be improved or strengthened.